The Rethinking of a Murderer | Zealot Part 3 | South Jordan
KEY PASSAGES: Philippians 2:5, Romans 15:1-2, Acts 17:16-31 & 18:1-4.
THINK ABOUT IT: Everything you THINK comes from the way someone else THOUGHT.
QUESTION: Whose thoughts are you thinking?
KEY TRUTH: Following Jesus changed WHAT he believed and HOW he thought.
SAUL THINKING: Control is always IMPOSED.
PAUL THINKING: Influence is only INVITED.
SAUL THINKING: Control is telling people WHAT to think.
PAUL THINKING: Influence is teaching people HOW to think.
SAUL THINKING: Control is SUPPRESSING people who disagree with you.
PAUL THINKING: Influence is SERVING people who disagree with you.
GOSPEL THINKING: Your value isn’t about YOUR VIEWPOINT it’s about GOD’S VIEW OF YOU.
QUESTION: Do you invest in what you VALUE most or in what you WANT now?
BOTTOM LINE: Your impact zone is where your ABILITY and AVAILABILITY intersect.
1. As an adult, who in your life has shaped your thinking most? Tell us about it.
2. What’s more important, what you think or how you think? Explain.
3. Read Acts 17:16-31 and Acts 18:1-4. What differences do you see in Paul’s approach in these two cities?
4. When it comes to the Gospel, how do you invest in what you value most over what you want now?
5. Read the bottom line again. Where do you see your ability and your availability intersecting? What are you or what will you do about it?