The Man Upstairs
The Other Advocate Part 2 | The Man Upstairs Part 5 | South Jordan
TODAY’S KEY PASSAGES: John 16:7-15, Matthew 26:36-41, Psalm 139:23-24
THINK ABOUT IT: Miscommunication creates relationship MISCUES.
TODAY’S BIG QUESTIONS:
How does God communicate with us?
How do we communicate with God?
THE OTHER ADVOCATE (The Spirit Of Truth) BRINGS:
TODAY’S HOLY HABIT: Spirit led INTROSPECTION.
Step One: Slow Myself (Solitude).
Step Two: Read the Bible myself (Scripture).
Step Three: Evaluate myself but not by myself (Spirit).
Step Four: Preach the Gospel to myself (Savior).
When it comes to communication, what is the biggest obstacle that you face in your everyday relationships (family, spouse, friends, coworkers)?
Growing up, what did you believe about communication with God and how it works?
Read John 16:7-11as a group.
• In this passage, Jesus says that he must go away in order for the Advocate to come. Why do you think Jesus thought it was so important for the Holy Spirit to come and be with us?
Read Romans 8:1 as a group.
• Our Advocate (the Spirit of Truth) provides believers with Conviction, not condemnation. How can we discern between the two in our everyday lives?
In the message it was shown that our Advocate (the Spirit of Truth) brings Conviction, Clarity, and Courage to believers.
• What aspects do you actively see the Holy Spirit working in your life?
• What aspects would you pray and ask to see more of in your life?
Review the “Holy Habit: Spirit Led Introspection” outline from the message.
• What step is most difficult for you in practice? Why?
Read Psalm 139:23-24 as a group.
• What is a good next step for you to take to better allow God
to lead and guide you in your life?