My Church | Investing in the Story
Invest in the Story | My Church Part 1 | South Jordan
1 Corinthians 9:14-15
Series Thesis: The greatest movement in the history of mankind is the local CHURCH.
My Church THEN: SMCC has a great STORYto tell.
My Church NOW: We invite as many people as possible to JOIN that story.
- Giving is a START command and it allows for growth.
1 Corinthians 9:13-14 Don't you know that those who work in the temple get their food from the temple, and those who serve at the altar share in what is offered on the altar? 14 In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.
Key Thought: God doesn’t NEEDmy money, but I NEEDto give it if I am going to be Fully Devoted and Fully Delighted in Him.
Luke 16:10-11"Whoever can be trusted with very little (money) can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. 11 So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches?”
Big Question: What do you value (true riches) more than money?
Big Idea: Whatever word you put before the word “church” will determine your level of OWNERSHIP.
My Church WHEN: We dream together of the day when we are fully funded by people who call SMCC “MY CHURCH” - and they do it with JOY.
Bottom Line: A healthy Church CORPORATION makes possible a healthy Church COMMUNITY which makes possible a successful Church CAUSE.
- What word do you use when you talk to someone about SMCC? “ ________ church.” Why?
- In the message the Pastor described the church as “The greatest movement in the history of mankind.” In your thinking, is that true? Why?
- Read 1 Corinthians 9:7-14 and discuss the command to give. If God doesn’t need our money why do you think He commanded believers to give? Why does this qualify as a “START command?”Will you help SMCC meet its financial obligations (as a corporation) so that we can reach our goals for Christian COMMUNITY and our CAUSE.
- Read Luke 16:1-13 This parable is a bit difficult to untangle. What do you think is the essence of what Jesus is communicating? What for you qualifies as “true riches?”
- Will you help SMCC meet its financial obligations (as a corporation) so that we can reach our goals for Christian COMMUNITY and our CAUSE?