The Exchange Rate
Greater Things | The Exchange Rate Part 1 | South Jordan
Key Passages: Mark 8:35-37, Proverbs 13:20; 17:17; 18:24; 27:17, John 12:23-26; 14:1-14.
Question: Does it make sense to exchange your life for something that doesn’t satisfy?
Reality Check #1: Everybody SPENDS time; the wise INVEST it.
Reality Check #2: Not all investments are EQUAL.
Series Thesis: Our influence will grow at the rate we exchange what we WANT now for what we VALUE most.
Invitation #1: Jesus invites us to exchange our DESIRES for His.
Invitation #2: Jesus invites us to exchange our AGENDA for His.
Invitation #3: Jesus invites us to exchange our EXPECTATIONS for His.
Don’t Miss This: The amount that you INVEST is an INDICATOR of your level of expectation.
Question: Are you satisfied with your rate of exchange?
Invitation #4: Jesus invites us to exchange our lives for LIFE CHANGE.
The Great Exchange: Jesus TOOK what we deserve so we can HAVE what he deserves.
Keep The Discussion Going
1. Read the following passages (John 12:23-26, John 14:12-14 & Mark 8:35-37) and then discuss the following questions:
2. If you could go back in time and talk to you right now, what might you say to you about the way you spend/invest time?
3. If someone did an audit on your typical week, would it look like your time goes toward what you want now or what you value most? And how do you measure your time to ensure that you are investing, not simply spending it?
4. If you were guaranteed absolute success, what is something you wouldn’t hesitate to invest in?
5. When have you exchanged your agenda for Jesus’ agenda? Tell us about that.
6. What are your expectations for the time you invest in our church and the mission?