The Man Upstairs
Can You Hear Me Now? | The Man Upstairs Part 5 | St. George
REALITY CHECK: God audibly speaking to individuals has always been RARE and REMARKABLE.
Acts 14:26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
THE HOLY SPIRIT BRINGS
Observation: The Holy Spirit APPLIES what Jesus SUPPLIED.
Developing the holy habit of Spirit led INTROSPECTION.
STEP ONE: SLOW myself down.
STEP TWO: READ the Bible myself.
STEP THREE: EVALUATE myself but not by myself.
STEP FOUR: PREACH the Gospel to myself.
Small Group Questions:
1. What are some weird things that Christians say? Why is there a tendency is Christianity to make things weird?
2. How have you ever felt spiritually inferior? Describe what happened.
3. Read John 16:7-15. Identify as many roles of the Holy Spirit as you can.
4. Describe a time the Holy Spirit clarified something, convicted you of something, or encouraged you with something.
5. Pick a time this week to slow down and evaluate your life with God’s word. When will you do that? Come back and share how that impacted you.