The Exchange Rate
Purchasing Stock | The Exchange Rate Part 3 | St. George
GUILT is unavoidable because GOD is inescapable.
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
Romans 3:24-25 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith.
When I EMBRACE Jesus as my forgiver and God, and EXPRESS my acceptance of Jesus to God, I am in that moment eternally SECURED by God.
Romans 10:9-10 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
Romans 10:13-15 …for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” 14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15 And how can anyone preach unless they are sent?
To be SENT means to be TRAINED, PROVISIONED, and released.
Contributing FINANCIALLY to the church is like purchasing stock = When you GIVE, you are sending, and when you send, you join the MISSION.
1. Do you remember when you first began trying to contemplate God and make peace with your internal sense of guilt? Explain what that was like for you.
2. Read Romans 3:24-25. What does Paul identify as the source of salvation? How is that different from what you believed before you became a follower of Jesus Christ?
3. Read Romans 10:9-10. How does a person acquire this salvation that is made available by Jesus?
4. Read Romans 10:13-15. How does the message of Jesus go out to people? What is the problem point with the process?
5. How does contributing to the church financially make you a part of the mission?