Fully Devoted Fully Delighted | Vision Sunday 2018 | South Jordan
The SMCC Mission:We exist to help as many people as possible take their next step in becoming fully devoted and fully delighted followers of Jesus Christ.
- God is committed to increasing and spreading his own glory and fame. And as our God, He requires that we cooperate with that purpose.
- Every person is committed to their own to what they think will make them HAPPY or SATISFIED.
The Road to FDFD:
- Own the fact that God wired us to want what is BEST for ourselves.
- Understand that we too often SETTLE for what will not ultimately satisfy our deepest longings = we are far too easily PLEASED.
- Nothing in this WORLD can sufficiently satisfy us. God wired us to need Him to be satisfied.
- Our ultimate satisfaction is found IN HIM not FROM HIM.
- The solution = Glorify God by seeking our JOY IN HIM = FDFD
“God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.”- John Piper
Question:What does full devotion look like?
Answer #1:I delight SUBMITTING to what Jesus says I should do. (Authority)
Answer #2:I find delight in DEFINING myself by what Jesus did for me. (Identity)
Answer #3: I find delight in DOING for others what Jesus did for me. (Activity)