NoFilter | #Trending Part 2 | St. George
Proverbs 17:28 Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue. Proverbs 17:28 Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue.
Main Idea: Unfiltered moments are REFLECTIONS of our soul.
What you DO without thinking reveals where you are BROKEN.
Luke 6:45 The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.
Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?
The gospel solution to unfiltered moments is heart TRANSFORMATION, not enhanced FILTRATION.
Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.
1. When is the last time you saw something on social media that angered you and how did you respond?
2. Read Proverbs 17:28. Would you rather be a fool thought wise, or would you rather be a fool who becomes wise?
3. When you have an unfiltered moment in life, how do you tend to respond to your failure?
4. Read Luke 6:45. How is it that evil or good is stored up in our hearts? Is Jesus saying that we have the ability to find the good inside us and behave properly? Explain your thoughts.
5. Read Romans 12:2. The gospel solution to unfiltered moments is transformation, not enhanced filtration. How does God transform us?