Get Ready - South Jordan
THINK ABOUT IT: Whenever we are UNDERPREPARED we can be OVERPOWERED.
2 Timothy 4:1-2 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: 2 Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.
TODAY’S MARCHING ORDER: PREPARE to DECLARE with CARE.
TODAY’S BIG QUESTION: How do multipliers prepare to be a person of Gospel influence?
2 Timothy 3:10-15 You, however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance, 11 persecutions, sufferings—what kinds of things happened to me in Antioch, Iconium and Lystra, the persecutions I endured. Yet the Lord rescued me from all of them. 12 In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 13 while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. 14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.
ANSWER #1: Multipliers prepare through the PEOPLE of God.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
ANSWER #2: Multipliers prepare through the WORD of God.
2 Timothy 4:3-4 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.
ANSWER #3: Multipliers prepare through the WORK of God.
2 Timothy 4:6-8 For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my departure is near. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
GOSPEL TRUTH: The best Gospel PREPARATION is Gospel TRANSFORMATION.
- Can you think of a time in which you were unprepared for the task at hand? What happened?
- Read 2 Timothy 4:1-2. What are some possible consequences of Jesus followers failing to prepare to be a person of Gospel influence? What are some possible consequences of Jesus followers preparing incorrectly?
- Read 2 Timothy 3:10-15. What qualifications did Paul give for being an influencer in Timothy’s life? What value does having those that have been transformed by the Gospel bring to a relationship with Christ?
- Read 2 Timothy 3:16-17. What does Paul mean when he says that God’s word is God breathed? Looking at the passage how is God’s word useful? How do you engage the word of God in your own life?
- Read 2 Timothy 4:3-4. What is the work of an evangelist? What does that work look like you for a Jesus follower?
- Read 2 Timothy 4:6-8. What qualified Paul for the award He referring to? What qualifies Jesus followers?