Fully Devoted - South Jordan
THINK ABOUT IT: Leaders see OPPORTUNITIES in the PROBLEMS of reality.
Titus 3:8 This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.
TODAY’S MARCHING ORDER: Push through SYMPTOMS and focus on SOLUTIONS.
Titus 3:9-11 But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless. 10 Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them. 11 You may be sure that such people are warped and sinful; they are self-condemned.
- HERE’S REALITY: What’s CONTAGIOUS is not always CONTAINED.
- WHERE’S THE OPPORTUNITY? Avoid what is CONTAGIOUS “IF” it can’t be CONTAINED.
- GOSPEL SHIFT: Multipliers pursue UNIFYING submission without OVERBEARING leadership.
Titus 3:12-13 As soon as I send Artemas or Tychicus to you, do your best to come to me at Nicopolis, because I have decided to winter there. 13 Do everything you can to help Zenas the lawyer and Apollos on their way and see that they have everything they need.
- HERE’S REALITY: ENVY stunts UNITY.
- WHERE’S THE OPPORTUNITY? Gospel driven churches value COLLABORATION over COMPETITION.
- GOSPEL SHIFT: The difference between a competitor and a collaborator is EMPATHY.
Titus 3:14-15 Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good, in order to provide for urgent needs and not live unproductive lives. 15 Everyone with me sends you greetings. Greet those who love us in the faith.
GOING FORWARD: Multipliers find joy in what they GIVE not just what they GET.
- When faced with difficult circumstances do you gravitate towards the positive or the negative?
- When faced with difficult circumstances what have you found to be helpful in pushing through symptoms and focusing on solutions?
- Read Titus 3:9-11. How have you seen difficult conversations like the one that Paul is describing handled well or handled poorly?
- Read Titus 3:12-13. Why is it important for the Church to grow in unity?
- How can we love well despite our differences?
- Read Titus 3:14-15. What is one take away from this series that has brought clarity in what means to be a person of influence?