Fully Delighted - South Jordan
John 3:3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”
THINK ABOUT IT: You can’t FIND what you are not LOOKING for.
FOUR QUESTIONS THAT CONNECT US ALL:
- ORIGIN: where did it all come from?
- MEANING: does my life have purpose?
- MORALITY: how should I live?
- DESTINY: where am I ultimately headed?
Titus 3:3-7 At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.
BIG QUESTION: What does a person have to do to
- GOSPEL TRUTH #1: Religion says, repent of your SIN. The Gospel says, repent of your RIGHTEOUSNESS.
- GOSPEL TRUTH #2: We don’t work FOR salvation—we work FROM it.
- GOSPEL TRUTH #3: Religion promises to make you BETTER. The Gospel promises to make you NEW.
- GOSPEL TRUTH #4: Grace doesn’t give a PASS to sin. Grace makes godliness POSSIBLE.
John 3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.
GOING FORWARD: Knowing the truth doesn’t change ANYTHING. Trusting the truth changes EVERYTHING.
- IRRELIGIOUS & RELIGIOUS thinking says I devote myself to find delight.
- Multipliers DELIGHT in their DEVOTION.
- Take time discussing the four questions that connect us all.
- How would you answer the question, “What does a person have to do to experience salvation?”
- Read Titus 3:1-7 together. What is the significance of verses 3 and 4? How do they contrast with the thinking that being a good person is enough to experience salvation?
- Read John 3:1-21. As a group, make some observations then discus the mindset Jesus described, when he said, whoever “lives by the truth.” How does Jesus’ statement influence your daily choices?
- On a scale of 1 to 10 how delighted are you in your devotion? What steps might need to be taken to grow in your delight while living devoted? What can this group do to support you?