Fully Delighted - Lehi
John 3:3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”
TWO QUESTIONS THAT CONNECT US ALL:
- MEANING: does my life have purpose?
- DESTINY: where am I ultimately headed?
BIG QUESTION: What does a person have to do to “experience” salvation?
Titus 3:3-7 At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.
GOSPEL TRUTH #1: Religion says, repent of your SIN. The Gospel says, repent of your RIGHTEOUSNESS.
GOSPEL TRUTH #2: Religion says, work FOR salvation. The Gospel says, work FROM it.
GOSPEL TRUTH #3: Religion promises to make you BETTER. The Gospel promises to make you NEW.
John 3:14-15 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.
GOING FORWARD: Knowing the truth doesn’t change ANYTHING. Trusting the truth changes EVERYTHING.
BOTTOM LINE: Multipliers DELIGHT in DEVOTION.
- How have you heard this question answered: “What does a person have to do to experience salvation?”
- Read John 3:1-21. What do you find confusing, interesting, or amazing in the story?
- Read Titus 3:3-7. What can we learn about salvation from these verses? How do they contrast with the thinking that being a good person is enough to experience salvation?
- Read the 3 Gospel Truths from the message. Which one is most relevant to you? Why?
- Multipliers delight in devotion. On a scale of 1 to 10 how delighted are you in your devotion? What steps might need to be taken to grow in your delight while living devoted? What can this group do to support you?